PHYSMOD 2013 is hosted by the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences at the University of Surrey and organised by the EnFlo Laboratory.
Location: Main campus, Austin Pearce 1 and 2 and adjoining foyer space.
Download a map showing the key locations on campus.
The University is easily reached from London Heathrow or Gatwick airports, the Eurostar terminus or by bus, train and car. Please follow the University of Surrey link below for full details. For parking on campus, please download the conference parking permit.
Papers and abstracts
August 12, 2013, deadline for submission of one page abstract
Please submit abstracts to Alan Robins at: firstname.lastname@example.org
August 30, 2013, deadline for submission of full papers
In preparing papers (6 sides, maximum) please use the template provided and submit to Alan Robins at the above address. Follow the instructions included in the template and convert the file name to match your name before submission.
- Monday, 16th September: Registration (opens 10:30 am), Afternoon sessions
- Tuesday, 17th September: Morning & afternoon sessions
- Wednesday, 18th September: Morning sessions; Conference closes at lunch time
- Lunches: Hillside Restaurant, Monday to Wednesday
- Conference dinner: Lakeside Restaurant, Tuesday evening, 7 for 7:30 pm
- Reception in the EnFlo laboratory: Monday at 6 pm
- Large lecture theatre, AP1/2
- Poster display board area
- Double sized whiteboard, separate screen above
- Data projector
- Visualiser, DVD player
- PC, microphone etc
- Laptop input
You may project presentations from your own laptop or the PC provided in the lecture theatre.
Registration, conference fees and accommodation
Please see the Registration page for full details of fees, payment methods and accommodation. The conference registration desk will open at 10:30 on the morning of Monday, 16th September.
The Scientific Committee
The committee membership.
Local guidesThe Guildford Guide
To find where to eat open TripAdvisor then search for Guildford Restaurants.
There's information for visitors at the bottom of the University home page.
Trains to Guildford run from Gatwick Airport and London Waterloo.