News Archive 2005
August 2005 - Physmod 2005
PHYSMOD 2005, 24th - 26th August 2005, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada.
PHYSMOD 2005 followed on from the successful Workshops in this series, held in Prato
(Italy) in 2003, Hamburg (Germany) in 2001 and Prague (Czech Republic) in 1999.
- Keynote Lecture: Some key contributions from wind tunnels in dispersion research, Alan Robins
- Simulating tracer release in wind tunnel, H Cheng, A Robins
- Wind tunnel investigation of pollutant dispersion in urban area, A Robins, H Cheng
- Flow at an urban intersection, A Robins
July 2005, Final report on particle movement
The final report on the "Movement and dispersion of particulate matter due to traffic on road surfaces" is submitted to the Greater London Authority.
DAPPLE and DAPPLE scientists are well represented at the 1st UWERN meeting in Applied Urban Climatology, July 7th - 8th, Cambridge.
June 2005, London's Air
LONDON'S AIR: Planning for a Better Future, June 20th, Greater London Authority, City Hall, London, 2005
The Marylebone Road Experiments; EPSRC-DAPPLE Project
- DAPPLE experiments & modelling, Alan Robins
- Causes of exposure to high levels of vehicle emissions, Dr Roy Colvile
- Tracer dispersion and emergency response, Alan Robins
March 2005, UAQ5
March 29th - 31st, 5th International Conference on Urban AirQuality, Valencia, 2005; DAPPLE presentations:
- Patra, A, Bowen, E, Colvile, R, Arnold, S, Martin, D, Price, C, Shallcross, D, Tate, J, Dobre, A, Robins, A, 2005. Movement and dispersion of particulate amtter due to traffic on road surfaces
- Kaur, S, Clark, R, Walsh, P, Arnold, S, Colvile, R, Nieuwenhuijsen, M, 2005. Assessment and communicaiton of persoal exposure to environmental air sing video and real-time monitors
- Aristodemou, E, Bentham, T, Pain, C, Colvile, R, Wang, H, Robins, A, 2005. Comparison of adatpive-mesh large eddy simjulations with wind tunnel data for an isolated street intersection
- Neophytou, M, Britter, R, Martin, D, Price, C, Nickless, G, Shallcross, D, 2005. Results from a tracer release experiment in London (UK) and comparisons with predictions from urban dispersion mmodels
- Colvile, R, 2005. DAPPLE project update 2005: integration of methods to understand pollutant effects pathways in the urban environment
- Tomlin, A, Smalley, R, Redmore, J, Tate, J, Bell, M, Arnold, S, Dovre, A, Barlow, J, Belcher, S, 2005. The influence of air flow regimes on the concentartion of a traffic related pollutnat in the vicinity of a complex urban junction
- Robins, A, 2005. DAPPLE
The UWERN (Universities Weather Research Network) conference is taking place on the 13-15th Dec in Salford. A number of DAPPLE consortium members are attending and giving presentations. Please see www.uwern.ac.uk for conference programme.